Friday, August 15, 2008

Independence!!!! Part one…

(Note: I decided to split this post in 2 parts coz it was getting a bit too long)


For all you patriots out there, this might come as shocking news. This morning Mother India woke up to celebrate its 61st birthday. But in slight contrast to my countrymen’s zeal to celebrate the occasion, I decided not wake to up at all. I thought wouldn’t it be nice to reclaim my own azaadi too?? My life has been more or less clutched in the same old routine for the past one year or so, or since I got a job, to be precise. The routine looks somewhat like this...


1. Wake up at 7
2. Go to gym

3. Come back by 8

4. Read newspaper

5. Bathe and have breakfast by 9

6. Leave for office (and hope to reach there on time, considering the pain in the arse Delhi traffic has been of late)

7. Work
8. Come back home by 8.30
9. Have dinner

10. Watch some silly program on TV

11. Chat for a while

12. Watch a movie or two

13. Go to sleep

14. Repeat from step 1...


So, as I was saying, I decided to reclaim my azaadi on this auspicious day. Hence I made a slight change to this routine. I simply eliminated the 1st step. Mind you, I said “eliminate”, not “delay”. As my parents went outside to celebrate with other people in the society at around 9, I decided to give the flag hoisting ceremony a miss this time. Mommy dear did her part by not disturbing me at all and letting me R.I.P. Of course she did the mandatory “beta uth jana thodi der mein apne aap” part, but I knew she didn’t mean it, being the caring and loving mother she is. But as it turned out, I took her word a little too seriously and the thodi der she wanted me to wake up in, became the time she came back home (1PM for those of you who care!!!). And shameless as I am, instead of listening to her glass shattering screams (ohhh how people change in a course of just 4 hours!!!) I freshened up and sat down to write this post straight away.

Now some of you would obviously be cursing me for showing this disrespect to the motherland (and my biological mother too) by not watching the Tricolor being hoisted. If you do care to listen to my reasoning for doing so, keep reading…

1 comment:

  1. Hmm.. I can understand.. I wake up around the same time almost everyday..

    ReplyDelete