Saturday, August 16, 2008

Babel

This Friday, it so happened that my mommy dear decided to use my excellent (and free of cost) chauffeur services to go for rakhi shopping. Having already well spent the first half of the day lazing around and eating and sleeping, i thought it would be nice to get some fresh air as well. So off we were to the nearby Sec-34 market. As we reached there, the mad rush of last minute rakhi buyers like my mommy dear made me really panic. So for my own well being i decided to stay back and wait in the car instead of having my toes crushed by some fat lady's heels.

I switched on the radio after some time. Frankly speaking, there weren't enough good looking ladies around who would have kept my senses on alert. So radio seemed to be the only way to kill time. I switched channels a few times in the hope of getting some nice song. Alas...that was not to be. All i got was an idea of the extent of commercialization radio (FM in particular) had gone through over the years. For some 2 minutes i switched channels and all i got was commercials, commercials and commercials. No music, no RJ, plain and simple advertising. Everything from watches to apparel, cars, apartments, mobile phones, life time prepaid connections, laptops, credit cards, bank loans and what not was on sale!!! I put my cellphone near the speaker and started recording. Listen to the sample...




Finally, i decided enough was enough and i should get back to what i was doing earlier- Star Gazing !!!


PS: Another post on Delhi's FM radio channels is on the way soon...

1 comment:

  1. sorry fellas...i got bored trying to put that audio clip on the blog...still aint working...suggestions are welcome...

    ReplyDelete