Monday, August 18, 2008

Gimme a break...

Turn radio on…Pehli nazar mein kaisa jaadu kar diya...NEXT...bas deewangi deewangi deewangi hai...NEXT...masha allah masha allah...NEXT...aankhon mein teri ajab si...NEXT...tum si hi din hota hai...NEXT...mauja hi mauja...NEXT...race saanson ki...NEXT…teri aankhen bhul bhulaiyya…SHUT THE FUCK UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP...Turn radio OFF !!!

This is how my day begins...I’m fed up of these Delhi radio stations...it’s as if they have this vendetta against me. The more I want to get away from these Om Shanti Om, Saawariya, Race, and Jab We Met songs the more they keep coming back at me. It’s as if they’re trying to mock me in my face for being a lover of good old Hindi songs. What’s wrong with these bloody a-holes? What the fuck are they out to prove? Are they trying to create some sort of world record by playing the same shitty songs over and over and over again? What happened to those good old Lucky Ali, Silk Route, KK and Euphoria songs that we listened to when we were in school? What about the DDLJ, Kabhi Haan Kabhi Na, Khamoshi songs that we so loved...??? I have nothing against these new songs but doesn’t listening to them at least a million times a day really piss you off??? Gimme a break for god’s sake...i mean, these guys must be having a database of a few thousand songs available at the click of a button. But all they have to play these dhichak dhichak songs all day long. Can’t they just setup a nice random playlist of old and new songs, shuffle it up and let everyone enjoy???

I had this thought in mind...
  • Don’t the music companies feel that since songs from their albums are played all day long on radio, it would hurt the sales of their CDs??
  • Or is it that the radio stations get paid by the music companies to play their songs all through day so that people listen to them and depending on their like or dislike go on and buy the CD??
Well I have no idea how all this works…but in the end what matters to me is that I have completely stopped listening to radio now and the iPod is my only source of auditory pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment