Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Bucket List (Prologue)

jack nicholson

Is it too early to be making such a wish list?’, i ask myself. Wasn’t Jack Nicholson a cancer patient in his seventies and about to die in 3 months when he decided to make his list in The Bucket List.Maybe. Maybe not. There are moments, usually before i go to sleep at night, when i lay down and think…I’ve lived a quarter of a century already, completed 2 degrees, worked for 2 years, made a lot of great friends along the way, gained a lot of weight, began a love-hate relationship with saddi Dilli, watched a ton of movies, started blogging, etc etc etc. But how many moments in my life do i actually wish i could live over again, places i wish i could be to once more, crazy things i wish i could do again? Three, four, five maybe. Is that it? Is that what my life’s been worth so far?

There’s obviously no point lamenting. I can’t change the past. But i can most certainly look forward to a brighter, or rather a more sprightly future. Starting today, i’ll be putting up a list of things i wish to do and places i wish to visit before the bucket eventually gets kicked from under my feet!

4 comments:

  1. Oh God!! The idea sounds good enough but....... don't you think the last line's a li'l too much??? whoa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and yeh... sorry for messing up your last post!! Guess I jst got a li'l carried away..... a result of attending some silly "youth empowerment" workshops u knw....

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm..i didnt understand a word of it anyway..so never mind..lolz..

    ReplyDelete