Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The mother of all K*PD's

Well, here I am in Kolkata spending a major part of Sweet November, all set to miss mommy dear's birthday and a few weddings, feeling really low, eating some trashy and lot of junk food, the worst part being, I don't even know what exactly I am here for !!! At least I have family and a few friends here so not feeling as bored as I initially thought I would.

So, last evening I called up good friend Nihit and we decided to meet up, the meeting place being Salt Lake City Center as its close to both our offices. We discussed about how our movie collections had soared phenomenally in the past few months, how Nihit felt lonely in Kolkata as most of boys had moved to Delhi, about the lack of quality chics in our offices. There also was this girl who looked like Manchester from behind, but a side profile confirmed she wasn't really her. Although Nihit told me that recent updates on her suggest that she's become a "heroine". Then feeling really hungry, we went to this Food Court, had some good Chinese food, chatted for a while and then returned to the parking lot after taking a paan. Just as we reached there, we saw 2 bikes with familiar looking reg. numbers standing side by side, one being silver Unicorn and other a blue Fiero. The Unicorn had Delhi no. and the Fiero had Kolkata no. Our first thought was that the Unicorn belonged to a junior, either JD or Viggy. But then, Viggy rode a blue one and what would either of them bring their bike in Kolkata for anyway. So we set our minds on the Fiero. Nihit suggested it might be Addy's bike. Then I remembered Addy actually had brought his bike from home during the final year, and it really was a blue Fiero with a Kolkata no. Nihit happened to have Addy's no. in his phonebook so he dialed it to just confirm. But Addy's cell was switched off.

In the mean time, a group came to the parking lot and they were standing right beside us discussing something and laughing and cracking jokes. Nihit and I continued to discuss possibilities about who the bike owner might be and I sat on the bike to rest my butt. All this continued for a while. Then a burly woman from the group came right up to us and pointed towards the bike. I thought she was looking for some other bike but then she pointed to the Fiero again as if saying "haan na re bhau...yahi hai...ab uthega ki dun ek ulte haath ka". And going by her looks, I knew she meant exactly that. She was almost as tall as me, weighed at least 25-30 kgs more and looked like a biker gang stud minus the leather jacket and sunglasses.

As Nihit and I stood there in stunned silence (the K*PD moment !!!), the stud rode away on the bike with 2 more studs riding pillion. And boy it was laugh riot after that...we didn't know what to say after that. Just a few co-incidences to fuel our imaginations maybe. But it was good fun in the end...nice food...remembering old times...a few nice chics around...and the grand finale...the K*PD !!!

(We even thought of putting our visting cards in the bike's visor so that whenever the bike owner came back, he could contact us. But we didn't have our cards with us at that time. So i had another idea. Why not put one of our passport size pics, that would be even better. But sanity prevailed and restrained us from doing anything silly like that or we would have had a lot of explaining to do to the STUDDD !!!)

7 comments:

  1. how cud we have taken u along??r u in kolkata ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm well loves Kal kutta !!!

    and u guys were ..."shown the way " by a grl !!!!

    huh !!!!!
    junkie !!! i did not expect this from u !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bhai log..nihit was also with me...and he was suppossed to be the local boy...i was just an outsider...wish i cud have taken a pic of the studd and shown it u...then u wud hav realized how deep a danger we were in...doodes we barely managed to save our lives..cmon...u can spare me on this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I can relate to you.. I remember when beegee saw me making fun of her.. I cannot imagine what she could have done to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm...nice comparison...but this studd looked way more brutal than beegee...

    ReplyDelete